Thursday, July 24, 2008

Made It Through Another Fire

Hi,
I made it through another fire today....I hiked in to Quincy Laporte Road and then a hiker named "Chuck Norris" picked up about 6 of us and gave us rides in to Quincy around a trail closure. We hiked around an area by Tahoe and then another 38 miles from Sierra City. The landscape is starting to change in to more forested areas with a lot more shade and hardly any snow because we are at lower elevations. I will be hitch hiking up to Chester and getting back on the trail there after the fire closure. The next 10 days has me on and off the trail a few times to get around other fires, but I am only about 11 days away from being able to do the pancake challenge in Seiad Valley! I should be in Oregon in 12 days and finally out of smoke filled California. Thanks to all of you that have been supporting me with food drops! I couldn't have made it this far without you. My funds are running very low so if there is anyone else interested in sending me a food drop send me an email at hemmingwayjones@gmail.com and I will give you info on how to help.

Love,
Forager

No comments: