Monday, May 12, 2008

Bugs don't taste like chicken

It has been a fantastic stay so far in Big Bear City....I am counting down the days until I get back on the trail, but it has been wonderful meeting all the hikers as they come through town. I have made a lot of great friends that I plan on keeping in touch with for a long time. I was able to go out on a day hike yesterday with my boss at a place called Onyx Summit. Now that my trail name is Forager I have some goals for unique things to eat including: snakes, grubs, general bugs, ants, grasshoppers, fish, and anything else interesting. Yesterday I had the opportunity to eat some tasty termite larvae and they did not taste like chicken! They were small and slimy, but they really didn't have any taste....I look forward to adding more things to the list that make all of you go ewwww gross :) Until then I hope you all have a peaceful day!
Love,
Forager

Back on the trail in 14 days....

No comments: