Monday, May 19, 2008

Winding Down In Big Bear

The stay here in Big Bear City is winding down now. I will be getting back on the trail now in about a week. It has been a real blessing here at the Nature's Inn. I have been fortunate enought to meet about 300 of this years Pacific Crest Trail hikers that came through here while I was working. I met people from all over the United States and from all accross the globe. I have benifited greatly from other hiker's advice and I have been fortunate enough to do my part to make other hiker's stay here as enjoyable as possible. It has been a great reminder that serving others incredibly more rewarding than serving myself. The experience is one more thing driving me towards working for a non profit organization when I finish the hike. I was also able to start my book while here in Big Bear. The book is only about 10% complete so far, but I look forward to continuing the adventure and finishing the book near the end of my hike. I hope you all have a peaceful day!
Love,
Forager

No comments: