Monday, June 2, 2008

Hooray For Hollywood

What a great stop this has been! We spent the night at our favorite trail angel Adrian's house last night in Glendale just outside of Hollywood. Him and his wife Snookie were gracious enough to let us take hot showers, gave us a warm bed, and even took us out for some hot and delicious Italian food! After dinner they even took us on a tour of Hollywood where we saw the walk of stars, Mann's Chinese Theatre, and an overlook that gave us vistas of the whole city. What a night to be a hiker! We are driving Pebbles back to LAX to fly home at 8am...I will be back on the trail shortly after that, to make my ascent of the 9400 ft Mount Baden Powell....and then head back down for five days in the scortching Mojave desert.....Pray for me! :)

Have a peaceful day!
Forager

1 comment:

Rena' Smith said...

Your adventures and expierences sound amazing! Again, I wish I was out of my small office and in the open airs. Can't wait to read your book. Enjoy every moment! :)