Monday, June 9, 2008

Snake Eyes

Hello from Sunny Green Valley, CA! Today's adventure finds me relaxing in the manzanita garden of Joe and Terri Anderson at Casa de Luna. We are nestled in at a shady spot amongst the blazing heat of the Mojave desert. The Anderson family is another example of the kindness of trail angels. It has been said that the Sauffley's in Agua Dulce are an example of trail angels with perfect corporate efficiency, and the Anderson's are trail angels that run a hippie hiker day care! There is all the beer and food a hiker could possibly need and some of the guests seem to never leave. I say change the name to Hotel California! There is even one guy here that we think is just a regular homeless guy and not even a hiker, but the Anderson's don't care because their doors are open to anyone. Today's excitement involved wrestling and capturing a rattlesnake that had ventured to close to the back of the home. Upon helping catch the snake we put it in a pillow case and dropped it off in the desert where it would be safer for everyone. I leave tonight to hike 40 miles through the Mojave in the dark in order to avoid the 100+ degree temperatures. Next destination: Hiker Town.
Have a peaceful day!
Love,
Forager

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David... Forager,

You really are touching people with your blog, I share your adventures with people all the time... If ever I find myself feeling a little down, I need only hop on the internet and peek at your blog to bring me back to the light :o)

Think happy thoughts!

All Our Love ~ Libby, Paul, & Levi