Monday, April 28, 2008

Forager Is Born

The Pacific Crest Trail Kick Off weekend was a lot of fun....It took me all the way back to a campground at the beginning of the trail...There were about 700 people in attendance. There were barbeques...gear vendors...information workshops.....and videos of past hikes.....The weekend was a great weekend and also very special because many of the hikers that have been killed on the trail were memorialized....I have also been given a new trail name which I was proud to accept....A hiker named "Thumbs Up" came up with the name "Forager" because of my decision to find food along the trail. Then Allen from Portland suggested I take Forager for a symbolic meaning because of the spiritual nature of my adventure. He said that I am always looking for the limitless bounty of the universe. So...I accepted the new trail name and at the kickoff it took like wildfire....now everyone knows me as Forager. So....this will still be the hemmingway adventure, but the trail name for me is now Forager... :) I am back in Big Bear City now and starting to work on a log fence that will be surrounding a prayer walk...This is really shaping up to be quite the adventure! Have a great week!
Love,
Forager

No comments: