Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hemmingway Gets A Job

Greetings from the Pacific Crest Trail! I am still in Big Bear City and have actually landed a job for the next three weeks working for a land owner in the area....The Sierra Mountains are still getting ice and snow so I am about 4 weeks ahead of schedule. The forestry service doesn't recommend reaching that area before June 15th and if I keep going I will be there by May 15th (way too soon for safety). I was fortunate to meet a man named Ed that has givin me the task of building a log fence for a small park he is putting in near downtown Big Bear. He is giving me room and board at his hotel for the time while I am here and a nice pay check to go with it....So basically I'm getting paid to put up a fence in a beautiful ski resort town while I live here for at no cost! The kick off for the Pacific Crest Trail starts tomorrow and the @ 500 hikers that start the trail this weekend will be in the Big Bear area in about three weeks....just in time for me to get back on the trail....more to follow on my adventure here in Big Bear....So far it is shaping up to be quite an experience! I have attached a pic of Big Bear...
Happy Trails! Hemmingway Jones

No comments: